"Oops Bark"

     This Christmas I made what I called "Oops Bark." This is because a major component of the bark was a batch of White Chocolate Chip cookies that was a major disaster. I was surprised it didn't turn out because I made them with King Arthur Gluten Free All Purpose Flour. I even followed their step by step directions. My two thoughts on why they may not have turned out- bad xanthum gum or overly softened/melted butter. I did use the remainder of the box to make pancakes, per King Arthur's website, and they turned out perfectly.




    Anyway, while I was doing some other Christmas shopping, I found a clearance bag of Mama Maria's pretzels. This is a local restaurant that is trying to venture out in making their own pretzels. In all honesty, that's kind of hard to do when there are other really good pretzels out there, like Glutino and Snyder's of Hanover.  Their restaurant is definitely worth stopping at though, as they have GF pasta, pizza, and wonderful gelato.
    Then I stopped at Aldi's and bought some melting chocolate for bark. It even says gluten free right on the back of the package

   So, when I got home, we crushed up the pretzels, mixed it with the melted chocolate, and spread it out on my silpat [imagine silicone parchment paper]. While that was cooling, my husband "crushed" up the failed cookies in my KitchenAid 3.5 cup chopper, and then sprinkled the crumbs on top of the cooling chocolate. In all honesty, it was awesome. I shared some of the extra in my Sunday School class and it was gone in a flash.

    There's a little left here at home that we are happily munching on.

Labels: