Live Smart Flax Bar

It's 5:30 in the morning and I really don't want to get out of bed, but I know that I have to start my day. My husband has been up for 15 minutes already. I wearily stumble to where he is in the kitchen. "I didn't make you anything, because I didn't know what you wanted or when you would get up." Luckily for me, I have this LiveSmart Bar.


    When I received the Flax Bar in my Savorfull box, I noticed that the included card said that it could replace a meal. At 195 calories, this fits in perfectly with the Phase 1 of the Curves Complete meal plan for breakfast, at least for the calorie content. (Curves suggests 15 grams of protein on their high protein diet, whereas this bar has 6 grams.) I was pleasantly surprised with the taste and how filling it was. I wasn't hungry at all until 9:00 am, 3 and a half hours after I ate breakfast. It had a good flavor. The label does say that it contains almonds, although I didn't taste any until I got to the very end of the bar. There are lots of great reasons to buy this product, one of which is that it is Michigan made.

    My only detractions are this- It does have certified gluten-free oats. There are some of us in the community that still struggle with consuming oats, certified GF or not. At 5:30 in the morning, I wasn't reading labels. In general, I did feel fine all day after eating it, although the next morning I did have some discomfort. BUT, they also make products without oats!- Enter the RawBars, that come in 4 yummy flavors- Original Fruit & Nut, Cranberry Pumpkin Seed, Power Fitness, and Chocolate Suicide.

Labels: