Chebe English Muffin pizzas

So I've meant to blog much more recently than this, but I've been pretty busy lately, so please forgive my tardiness.

Last week I decided to make the English muffin pizza recipe from the Curves Complete recipe index. I had recently purchased a deal on Gluten Free Saver for an 8 box package of assorted Chebe mixes, and decided to try to use their All Purpose flour mix to make homemade English muffins, versus buying them at the store.

It did make 7 whole ones, honest. One half just got eaten first. :)
The Chebe mix is very easy to work with. I chose to leave the cheese out as it calls for eggs and oil, which are very calorie dense. My goal was to make muffins that had 160 calories each, which would be 2 starch exchanges. Since I have an excellent digital scale at home, I weighed all of my ingredients, added up the total calories, and divided by 160 calories. It came out to almost 7 even muffins. They did puff up some, although I did flip them half way through to allow both sides to brown. I think I regret that. While warm, they were very easy to slice in half. I think the next time I make these I would like to try a few substitutions: 1) Replace 1 egg with the equivalent amount of whipped egg white and 2) replace half of the oil with applesauce. These two substitutions would reduce the calorie content and, theoretically, add a natural lifting agent. But that would be for another post. ;)

So as far as making the actual pizzas, this is the recipe i followed:

Prior to baking in the oven

1 English muffin-split in two
1/3 of meatless tomato sauce
3/4 oz. canned mushrooms
1 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese.

Divide the ingredients evenly between the two halves of the muffin and bake in the oven until the cheese is melted. I think I put the oven at 350 and baked them for at least 15 minutes. Just keep an eye on them. In the meantime, cook a 4 oz chicken breast, dice, and serve on a tossed salad of free vegetables and a dressing of 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp vinegar of your choice.

Complete Meal

My husband was very pleased with the meal and said I can make it again anytime. That's always a good sign. So thanks Curves and thanks to Chebe for a great meal.

Labels: