PB 2 Powdered Peanut Butter


     I had heard about powdered peanut butter a while ago, and had been curious to try it. I asked around to some of my Curves ladies if they had ever tried it, and no one had. A few weeks ago I noticed PB2 powdered peanut butter on sale at my local Spartan Store, and I thought I would try it.
      Nutritionally, the draw  about PB2 is that all of the oil is extracted from the natural  peanut butter, therefore being lower in calories. There is only 45 calories per 2 tablespoons, half the calories that would be found in only 1 tablespoon of regular peanut butter. It does have added ingredients that is not found in natural peanut butter, such as sugar. 
      I've used this product in a variety of ways. I stirred it into plain yogurt, and I think this is my favorite way to eat it. It's especially good with a bit of cocoa added. 
      As suggested on the container, you can mix one tablespoon of water with two tablespoons of powdered peanut butter to create a spread, which isn't too bad. I spread it on my pancakes. 
      Last week I made a peanut butter frosting that was to go on a chocolate cake. Instead of using a cup of peanut butter that the recipe called for, I only used half a cup and then added the powdered peanut butter to taste. I found that it worked quite well, adding lots of flavor without the extra fat. There are quite a few recipes on their website as well. They also have a powdered chocolate peanut butter.
      Maybe we'll try to see if they can come to the Lansing Gluten Free Fair, and then you can try it for yourself.   :) 

Labels: