Summer Pasta Salad

I have a dish that I love to make, and even love more to eat. I discovered this recipe on All Recipes and I made a few tweeks. It's a great dish to make for a large crowd, and in all honesty I think I only know one way to make it...way too much with lots of leftovers. It could be easily halved.

When I received the beautiful fusilli pasta from Goldbaum's, I just knew that I had to try to try it in my pasta salad. The shape is perfect...it spirals on and on for forever. And it doesn't turn all mushy when you cook it. Check it out! 


I always have my non-GF husband try things, as he has more recently had the "real" thing than I have. His comment was "Wow, are you sure this is gluten free? The texture is perfect!" Honestly, this pasta was so soft and buttery that I wouldn't even mind eating it plain. I think it's easy to say, hands down, that I have a new favorite pasta. And I love how easy it is to cook....you boil the pasta for only 3-5 minutes and let it soak for 15 minutes. That way the pasta doesn't overcook and holds together well. 


So this is a picture of my beautiful salad. Don't let the picture deceive you...this is a HUGE platter. It's garnished with a bit of fresh parsley from our garden. 

Here's the recipe: 
2 zucchini, cubed
2 yellow squash, cubed
1 onion, chopped
3 bell peppers, chopped - 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 16 oz. pkg. gluten free pasta
4 tomatoes, chopped
10 oz. feta cheese 
1 16 oz. bottle balsamic dressing 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine vegetables (minus tomatoes) in a roasting pan. Top with olive oil and and 
bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. 
3. Meanwhile bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil . Cook pasta according to package directions. 
4. Combine vegetable mixture, cooked pasta, tomatoes and feta cubes. Add salad dressing to taste and toss until well mixed. Chill for a few hours to mingle flavors. Enjoy cold. 

Labels: