Ardenne Farm Cinnamon Crunch Muffin Mix


    

I've realized that one of my joys in life is to feed people. I like to cook for my family, the men at the homeless shelter, even complete strangers. There is something so rewarding about making sure that someone has a good meal in front of them, both nutritionally and taste wise. Since being diagnosed with celiac, I've learned to get creative and adventurous. I often make things from scratch, eager to see how they will turn out--and often share with my Sunday School class (a.k.a guinea pigs)

But I also LOVE to try things from new companies. I first learned about Ardenne Farm at the Chicago Gluten and Allergen Free expo. I was so honored that the ladies of Ardenne Farm gave me two of their mixes to try- their Chocolate Cake mix and their Cinnamon Crunch Muffin Mix. If you are unfamiliar with Ardenne Farm, they are located in North Carolina. Their mixes are gluten, nut and dairy free. Their products are also free of artificial colors, flavors and preservatives. 

All you need to make this product is pictured here- mix, milk, eggs and oil*

Being the adventurous person that I am, I decided to turn this muffin mix into a delicious Cinnamon Crunch bread. We were having guests over for dinner and I thought this would make a great dessert option, sliced thick and topped with sweetened strawberries and whip cream. 

*I did make a slight alteration- I used 3 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp and 1 tsp of olive oil. The recipe originally called for 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, and we only keep olive oil in the house. I was concerned that the olive oil would impose a taste that I wouldn't like, so therefore I used half olive oil and half melted butter. 

Our guests who tried it thought it was great. They were surprised that it was made from a mix and not from scratch. My first thought was that it tasted like the "gluten free" Cinnamon bread from Great Harvest company, but without the risk of cross contamination. Quite honestly after slicing it, I wanted to eat the rest of the loaf by myself!

After dinner that night I had at least half of a loaf left. I saved the rest, wrapping it in saran wrap, and saving it for Memorial Day weekend. We had a day trip to Eastern Market and a picnic planned with my dad and stepmother. I shared it with them, and they both ate multiple pieces. (It really is amazing!) My step mother immediately asked where she could find this in a store, as she wanted to purchase it for herself.

Like I said, I often make things from scratch. But this mix is so perfectly put together, especially with the cinnamon chips inside, I don't think I could even come close to recreating what Ardenne Farm has made. You can find their products online on their website.



Labels: