King Arthur Gluten Free Muffin Tops

I LOVE King Arthur Flour. 

And no, they're not paying me to say that. Almost every one of their gluten free mixes that I have tried has turned out perfectly. Their gluten free pancake mix makes the best waffles and I made the most amazing chocolate trifle for Christmas with their gluten free chocolate cake mix. And then there were the amazing cookie bars I made. So good!

                       


 Well, on my quest to make my own gluten free buns, I bought a whoopie pie pan. Upon getting it home, I decided that the wells would not be big enough to make ample sized buns. I seriously considered returning it.

Then I had one of those days when you just want to get creative in the kitchen and dirty every pan in the house. I remembered that I still had a box of King Arthur Gluten Free Muffin Mix in my cupboard and I was down towards the last of the hand picked blueberries from Montrose Orchard. I decided to try my hand at muffin tops.

Have you ever made something SO good that you even amaze yourself? Yeah, that's what these blueberry muffin tops are- amazing. In all honesty I was writing another blog post and saw these pictures in my file and I wanted to eat one right then. Lucky for me I froze the leftovers and still had one of these that I could devour at my leisure. And they warmed up perfectly in the microwave and lost none of their original flavor.








                     And looking at this lovely pile of baked good bliss, I may need to go eat another one.


As an aside, I ended up liking how these turned out so well that I decided to buy another Wilton 12 Cavity Whoopie Pie pan. And a little trick for greasing these pans? A stainless steel mesh tea infuser ball with a handle. It makes the perfect little sifter. Kicking myself for not mentioning this in my interview with Delight Gluten Free Magazine.


So what King Arthur gluten free products have you tried that you've fallen in love with lately? Also, what creative things have you made with a whoopie pie pan? Now that I'll have two, I need some ideas! (I did see a recipe for baking pancakes in the oven - that's next on my list!

Labels: ,