Sunbutter

It's amazing what can happen when you are diagnosed with a food allergy or intolerance. You become part of a group of people, a family, that have a unified goal and purpose. While I may not have allergies to peanuts, eggs, or shellfish, my Celiac Disease has made me more compassionate to their needs. With the increase of food allergies and food allergy bullying, young kids with food allergies are close to my heart. Because of this and other reasons, in 2014 I gladly participated in the FARE Walk and took part in the Teal Pumpkin Project.

When I think of companies that are supporting food allergy families, SunButter comes to mind. They are a big supporter of the FARE Walk and their products just taste great. While I don't have to eat peanut free, there are times when I just crave the delicious taste of SunButter. Actually, I had mentioned that recently on Instagram and SunButter sent me a message stating they would like to send me some! Of course I gladly said yes.

I was so happy when the box arrived on my door step. I honestly loved the sticker on top so much that I took it off very carefully so I could save it. (I think it's still on my refrigerator!) Inside was two full size containers of SunButter and a bunch of individual 1 oz packets.

 

There are so many uses for SunButter. You can just eat it by the spoonful, spread it on toast, or use it as a dip for your apples. I've used it in hummus, used it as part of an Asian satay sauce, and used it to make cookies.



One of my new favorites is "banana" ice cream. Slice bananas, freeze them until they are hard, them place them in a food processor and process until almost creamy. I usually add cocoa powder and peanut butter, but this time I used up some remaining chocolate frosting and Organic SunButter. Talk about tasty! 

 

The individual packets are a big life saver when traveling. Recently I stayed at my in-laws and brought my own bread and SunButter for breakfast. When eating in a non-gf home, you can almost guarantee any container of peanut butter has been cross-contaminated with bread crumbs. I've never been so glad for SunButter in all my life!




So a big thanks to Elizabeth, SunButter, and all of those that are working so diligently to keep us all safe!

Labels: