Kahn's Kitchen Paleo Granola

We love granola in this household. My husband has it in his lunch, literally, every day. And as a Celiac who is also oat intolerant, finding totally safe, delicious granola can sometimes be a tall order.

Recently, my friend Jordan a.k.a. King Gluten Free mentioned his love for a New Jersey granola named Kahn's Kitchen. When I realized that it was paleo, and therefore grain and oat free, I was SO excited! I was even more ecstatic when Jason Kahn, the owner of the company reached out and offered to send me some.

They didn't send me the tray- that was mine. :)
Enclosed in the box was one 10 oz. bag of their Cinnamon Raisin granola, as well as three 1.5 oz packges of their, Original, Crunchy and their Cinnamon Raisin granolas. Their 1.5 oz packages are perfect as a mid-day snack, as they are just over 200 calories. I ate the Cinnamon Raisin mini-bag first, and it was delicious!

 It's loaded with all sorts of tasty bits- "Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Cinnamon, Raisins, Honey, Olive oil and sea salt." And at $9.99 for a 10 oz. bag, it's cheaper than the Larabar Renola that I've been buying lately.

I find my favorite way to eat it so far is sprinkled on top of a bowl of cottage cheese and natural applesauce.


As the ingredients for the Original and the Crunchy are the same, I asked Jason to explain the main difference. He said that while the Original is great for a snack and will generally hold its shape, the Crunchy is cooked longer, crumbles easily and is really delicious as a cereal. 

So thanks again to Jason for sharing his delicious granola with me, and props to Jordan for introducing it to me.


Labels: