New Finds at the Chicago GFAF Expo 2015



I was blessed to again be invited to be a media blogger for the Chicago GFAF Expo. My time was split though between that and working at the Chebe booth, which was also a great joy. Thankfully for me my husband came to be my second set of eyes and ears....and taste buds.

Here's a short (okay, long) list of some of my new favorites- 

Hudsonville Ice Cream - I have a confession. I am a an ice-cream-a-holic. When I saw that Hudsonville was at this event I was super excited. 1) It's ice cream, and 2) they're a Michigan company. AND they were sampling Mackinac Island Fidge Ice Cream. So I get ice cream AND chocolate at 10 am in the morning. Perfection.
They are also coming out with a new Naturals line this summer. No hormones, no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors or flavors. Just pure, unadulterated ice cream. They extended a possible visit to their farms and factories this summer as well, so keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that I'll be seeing the process up and close this summer. I promise to keep you posted!

Nana Creme- So since you now know my love affair with ice cream, you better believe that I only want to the "good stuff." No phoney baloney ice cream for me. What if I told you I found a vegan, peanut free "ice cream" made from organic bananas that will Blow Your MIND! Flavors that include gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough, blueberry pie, brownie and MORE. Right now you can only find them in stores in Illinois, but since they are in Whole Foods there, hopefully this will change soon. You can order from them online

Element Snacks - So when the majority of us were diagnosed with Celiac Disease over a decade, oor first go to was rice cakes. Because that's what was available. To be honest, I crave them still every once in a while. (The new square Lundberg ones are fantastic!)
But what if I told you that someone created dessert rice cakes? AND they were non-gmo? NO HFCS?
And their dark chocolate snacks were also VEGAN?
Yep, I was pretty surprised at all of this. Even more surprised that I found a product that made me head over heels for rice cakes. Their strawberry n' cream rice cakes are super good.


YumButter - I love peanut butter. I eat it with bananas, celery, toast, apples, crackers, chocolate, ice cream. On a spoon. If I'm desperate I'll run my finger around the edge of the jar.
And then I meet YumButter. Not only do they make awesome nut butters, but then they add in nutritious extras like hemp sewed and chia seed. And then they use their product and sales to feed malnourished children around the world. Stay tuned for a full blog entry about this amazing company soon.

DeLallo Gnocchi - I've made sweet potato gnocchi from scratch before. It's time consuming and messay, albeit delicious. Delallo has pillowy soft, delicious gnocchi that cooks in 2 MINUTES. I think that pretty much says it all, am I right?

Path Of Life- After multiple samples of baked goods, ice cream, pasta and other GF goodies, I was so thankful for Path of Life and their vegetables. Their organic quinoa blends hit the spot, and I really enjoyed their roasted garlic cauliflower. (And their dark chocolate covered strawberries!)
Looking at their website I see that have lots of products I would love to try, like their garbanzo and lentil side dish or their kale and butternut squash sides. They were willing to give me extra bags to take home, but sadly I don't think they would have stayed frozen during the 5 hour drive home. They stated that their products are available at Walmart stores, so I guess I'll be heading there soon!


Sam's Gourment Lasagna and Pasta- Sam's makes what may be the best gluten free vegetable lasagna I've ever had. I actually preferred it to the turkey lasagna. Sam has an amazing story behind her business and she has a huge heart for those who are less fortunate. You can find her products at Jewel-Osco.

Sunny's Gourmet Products - One of the most frustrating things about eating gluten free is finding safe Asian food. While meat and vegetables are naturally gluten free, the addition of soy sauce that is usually made with wheat often puts Teriyaki Chicken on the "no" list.
Well thanks to the beautiful ladies of Sunny's Korean Gourmet Products, you can safely eat your favorite Asian inspired foods again. They have teriyaki sauce and Kimchee seasoning. The great thing about traditional Kimchee is that it is a great probiotic and therefore beneficial for your intestinal health.

Stay tuned for more to come. I was able to spend some time with some great friends, and some have some exciting updates!

Labels: