Enjoy Life Blueberry Muffins in a Dash

Blueberry Picking in Montrose Michigan
I love taking our nieces and nephews to pick blueberries with us!

It's my favorite season of the year. Blueberry season! Did you know that Michigan produces more blueberries than any other state in the country?! I love being able to go to nearby Montrose Orchards and pick berries fresh from the bush and then immediately take them home and bake with them. I use them in all sorts of things- waffles, zucchini bread, and obviously muffins. 

When it comes to making blueberry muffins, I use my Wilson Whoopie Pie Pan to make muffin tops. It helps with portion control and stretches the batter a bit farther so I can share goodies with friends and family. The great thing about making them with Enjoy Life All-Purpose Flour is that I know it's made in a nut-free, soy-free, gluten-free facility. I want all my food-allergy friends to feel loved!

Enjoy Life All Purpose Gluten Free Flour

I used the last of Enjoy Life All-Purpose Flour making these last batch of muffins. Thank goodness my Enjoy Life Amazon Dash button just came in the mail. What's an Amazon Dash Button you ask? It's a wi-fi connected device that allows you to order your favorite items, through Amazon Prime, with the simple touch of a button. And just like that, your favorite items arrive in two days! One note- each button can only be tied to one item. So when you also run out of Enjoy Life Mega Chunks, like I put in my muffins, you need a separate button for that as well. This video explains it more. 

video

Seeing that the Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour is meant to be a 1-1 replacement for regular flour, I made my muffin tops simply following the standard Betty Crocker recipe and substituting the Enjoy Life flour for regular wheat flour. And of course, I added some Enjoy Life chocolate chunks!

Betty Crocker Popular Muffins 
1 egg 
1 cup milk 
1/4 cup salad oil 
2 cups Enjoy Life Foods All Purpose Flour 
1/4 cup sugar 
1 tbsp baking powder 
1 tsp salt 
1 cup fresh blueberries 
1 cup chocolate chunks *optional

Heat oven to 400*. Grease bottoms of 2 Whoopie pie pans. (Check out my creative way for doing this!) Beat egg; stir in milk and oil. Mix in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy. (**Note- My batter was runny and not lumpy. I tend to find this to be the case when working with this flour. They still baked fine.) Fill Whoopie pie wells 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes. Let rest for 2-3 minutes, then remove muffin tops to wire rack to cool. Makes 20-24 muffin tops. 

Are you an Amazon shopper? What Enjoy Life food product would you connect your Dash button to? And what's your favorite way to use fresh blueberries? 

Labels: ,