First Fresh Pork-Free Sausage Pizzas

First Fresh Chicken Sausage Products


Our eating habits in this house are interesting. I'm gluten-free, oat-free and polyol-free. (Artificial sugars and I are not friends.) My husband is pork-free and shellfish-free. These are all for health reasons, not preferences. It seems like we spend a lot of time in the store reading labels.

Therefore I was intrigued when First Fresh Sausages reached out to me about their new gluten-free chicken sausage line. When they clarified that they were all pork-free, I was intrigued even more! Plus, they're just as concerned about being gluten-free as I am. Turns out the owner's wife also has Celiac Disease. Us gluten-free gals have to stick together. So since we like chicken, and we like sausage, and we like that they're lower in fat, I decided to give them a try.

First Fresh Chicken Sausages Grilled

It's been a busy week here in our home. We've been fitting in quite a few last minute day -trips before school starts. Sometimes this means you don't plan out dinner very far in advance. So we chose to make pizza! My husband and I decided to tag-team in dinner prep tonight. He cooked the sausages while I got the crusts ready and oven preheated. My husband had read that the best way to cook sausage is to poach them first in water, then drain the water and finish sauteing them. I'd have to say, they turned out beautifully.

First Fresh Sausage Pizza Prep

We kept our pizzas simple. For crusts we used My Bread pita bread and topped it simply with the First Fresh Italian Chicken sausage and mozzarella cheese. Even in this picture you can see the amount and distribution of spices. If you think these sausages look good, they taste even better!

First Fresh Sausage Pizza Cooked

To make our pizzas turn out more like pizzeria style, I preheated our pizza stone in a 375 degree oven. I slid our prepped Italian sausage pizzas on the stone, and placed them back in the oven for 12 minutes. At ten minutes I checked them and gave them a turn for even browning. After retrieving them from the oven, I let them rest for 5-7 minutes. The delicious smells made it difficult to wait. We passed the time with a quick salad of lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, chickpeas and shredded beets

First Fresh Sausage Pizza Cut-Up

When we were finished with our salads, I returned to the kitchen to serve our pizzas. I decided to cut our pizzas into easy-to-eat squares. The crust was cooked perfectly and had a beautiful crunch when I cut it. Every bite was incredibly delicious. My husband said this may be the best Italian sausage he's ever had in his life! I loved that the squares had the perfect amount of crust to hold on to. I can see packing a small pizza like this in my husband's lunch, for sure!

**I was given free product to try. I was not paid for my opinions and all comments are my own.**

Have you tried First Fresh Chicken Sausages? What's your favorite dish to make? Make sure to follow me and First Fresh on Instagram for other recipe ideas!

Labels: