Julie's Organic GlutenFreeda Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies

I wonder if you're at all like me. I see some great new gluten free item in the store, but it's too pricey and I tell myself I really don't need it. This has been the case for me in regards to Julie's Organic GlutenFreeda Ice Cream Sandwiches. For years now I've been eyeing them as I walk past the freezer case, telling myself "someday, someday."


Friday was finally "someday." 

There were multiple reasons....mainly because it was National Ice Cream Sandwich Cookie day, but also I fell down the stairs and severely sprained my ankle, and everyone knows that cookies (and ice cream) make everything better. Right?

They have two flavors that I can see; 1) vanilla ice cream on chocolate sandwich cookies, and 2) lemon yogurt on vanilla sandwich cookies. I opted for the lemon yogurt. I thought I saw somewhere online there was a carrot cake flavor, but it's not listed on their website. ***Please note that they also make non-GF ice cream sandwich cookies, but those are long and narrow, not circular. Only the circle cookies as GF*** Their cookies are made by GlutenFreeda. What a perfect partnership!

So the moment of truth had finally come. Was it worth the $6.50 for the canister of 4 cookies. OH. YEAH!

My husband enjoyed them as well, although not as much as me. Then again, it hasn't been 10 years since he's had an ice cream sandwich and he doesn't have to eat gluten free. I REALLY loved the lemon flavor as it was perfect. (Not my dog though...he gave us a sharp look when we let him lick some off our fingers...to tart for him I guess.)

I am back on Curves Complete and am trying to watch what I eat, but that's one of the great things about these particular ice cream sandwich cookies. They are 190 calories, which means I could use them in place of another healthy snack. Dessert does not have to be banned forever!

Now let's just see how long I can control myself and not eat the remaining 2 ice cream sandwiches in the freezer.

More about gluten free and ice cream (cones that is..) 

Labels: