Sonoma Flatbread's Personal pizzas

There's nothing quite like a really good pizza. This holds true even when you have Celiac Disease, but finding a gluten free pizza can be a bit of a challenge. It's even more of a challenge to find a good-for-you frozen gluten free pizza.

Thank goodness for Sonoma Flatbreads by Donatos. I've tried LOTS of frozen gluten free pizzas in over the past decade, but in my honest personal opinion, Sonoma Flatbread gluten free pizzas are the best out there. And not only do they taste great, they're made ethically with real food. They "don’t use any artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. In addition, [their] chicken is antibiotic-free, humanely raised, and fed a vegetarian diet. [Their] uncured pepperoni is nitrate and nitrite-free."

I've previously written about their large pizzas, but I'm really excited to share with you about their new personal size pizzas. These new 6 1/2" crust pizzas come in the same flavors you've come to know and love, just in smaller just-for-you sizes. (If you crave a little bit larger pizza, they also come in 10" and 12".)


Sonoma Flatbreads recently sent me a generous case of their personal pizzas. Let me tell you, they've been a lifesaver. The end of the school year is always super busy in our household, and we used these on many occasions on the nights when we just couldn't think straight enough to cook something.

I'm also super busy on Wednesday nights at church, and on more than one occasion these small pizzas came in handy when I needed to find quick nourishment between choir and handbell practice.


I think what I love about them most as they have the perfect ratio of sauce & toppings to crust. Many other companies skimp on the toppings, leaving a large edge of crust and cheating you on "the good stuff." Sonoma Flatbreads load up on the good stuff, on top of a delicious gluten free crust.



Their pizzas can be found at Meijer stores, Walmart, Fresh Thyme and other grocery stores. And if you're available, you can meet them at the upcoming Gluten Free Food Allergy Fest in Indianapolis, Indiana.

They are also always present at the annual Celiac Conference at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. This year's conference is October 31st, and the main speaker is Dr. Stefano Guandalini, the founder and Medical Director of the Univ. of Chicago Celiac Disease Center. This conference is packed with great speakers, wonderful vendors, AND lunch for only $35. Kids 11 an under are free and have their own exciting day of activities planned. If you'd like to see a synopsis of past presentations, you can look at my blogpost from two years ago, here.

**While I was given free product to test, I was not paid to write this post 
and my thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.**

Labels: